Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sleepy Sunday - Organic Sleep Balm

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people take a nice, long vacation from work, and when they get back, they complain about how terrible it is to be back at work or how hard it is to get used to working again.  Mostly because I am not going on those nice, long vacations.  I had two whole weeks off because of construction at work.  They were cutting off the electricity for a while, so we were "encouraged" to take our time then, or be forced to work from home ineffectively.  I did thoroughly enjoy my time off though, I met up with a friend from Taiwan, I went on a trip with my mom for a few days (and I will show you what adorable antiques I got!), played with my new puppy, and did a lot of gaming and Netflix--did you know they have "Family Ties" on there now!?  I used to think Mallory was the epitome of cool.  


After all that, Sunday night before work, I had the hardest time sleeping.  Went to sleep long after I wanted to, woke up in the middle of the night, etc.  Next night, still got to sleep late, but had terrible dreams instead.  I don't know about you, but to me, having terrible dreams is about as restful as not sleeping at all.  And this one was really bad...I was in a really bad mood, so I was being REALLY mean to people for no reason.  And even in my dream, I was like "Why did I just say that, that person has a great husband and I just said something totally rude and untrue about him!"  I'm a really nice person, so saying something really mean and watching people get sad because of it is really terrible for me.  


Later in the week, I'm still not caught up on my sleep, and I'd love to just have a magical potion to help me fall asleep fast, and stay in a restful sleep.  I think that is what this "mysterious" sleep balm is.  It "calms, cheers, encourages and relaxes" so that you can fall asleep.  It's sort of the magic button that turns your thoughts off so you can finally go to sleep.  And dream of awesome things, like drive-through malls, getting stuck in Anthropologie and accidentally having a sleepover there, camping out with friends and then sneaking into a hotel's swimming pool for late night cannonballs...


Organic Sleep Balm from Badger, .75 oz. for $5.50, 2 oz. for $10

No comments:

Post a Comment